Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 14

I went to the movies today, and as I was waiting for the movie to begin, I was bombarded with advertisements. I realized that television has changed so drastically, it's become a model of exactly what's going on in our world. No longer an escape from the real world...it is the real world...literally and figuratively speaking. Why did we stop displaying families with great morals? It couldn't be because there aren't families like that in real life. Even if that is becoming true, these model families gave us hope and something to aspire to. Some argue that we no longer relate to those types of families. I disagree, but in any case, why does that matter? Watching television and going to the movies was supposed to serve as a miniature vacation, a 30 minute to 2 hour break from real life.

20 years ago, people actually watched television with their families. How many people do that these days? And what shows would they watch anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment