Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's my birthday

Today is my birthday and I'm so thankful. I'm thankful for all of working senses and limbs! I really am! God is great! It's important to keep that in mind, even when feeling like complete garbage! I'm not saying that I do or did. Today was an exciting day, full of emotion and choices. I made a lot of choices today, but the most important was to be absolutely thankful for what I have going on in my life right now. No, I'm not absolutely where I want to be, but it's okay. I understand that when we think about where we want to be or the goals we want to reach, seldom do we think about the path it takes to get there. My dreams are still my dreams, but how I will get there has yet to be determined.

I always tell people not to give up. Yes that's what everyone tells everyone right? But I don't stop there. I continue by saying, don't stop because plenty of other people will. They're only moving out of the way for you, and If you never give up, you HAVE to make it one day. You have to! So, today on my birthday, I am saying what I often say, more so to myself than anyone else. Keep on!

"Accept each day just as it comes to you, remembering that He is sovereign over your life. Rejoice in this day that He has made, trusting that He is abundantly present in it. Instead of regretting or resenting the way things are, thank Him in all circumstances. Trust Him and don't be fearful; thank Him and rest in His sovereignty." -Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment