Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who's Crazy

If you ever get the opportunity, you should stop to think about what you're thinking about. You would notice something rather peculiar about your thoughts. How random and scattered they are, and how you would probably be committed if you ever really said everything you were thinking, as you were thinking it. It makes me think of homeless people and how we are quick to call their random thoughts which they sometimes verbalize out loud and to themselves, crazy.

Stop for a minute think about what you're thinking about and say every thought out loud. Yup...you sound pre-tty "crazy." I was flat-ironing my hair when I noticed that, in my head, I was repeating the phrase in a melodic tune, "standing up the entire time, standing up the entire time." I was simply thinking of what I was doing which was of course, standing up for the entire duration of my flat-ironing process. Um...that's kind of weird. I decided to say it out loud just because and it occurred to me that this is probably the same thing that we hear the homeless do on a regular basis. We all talk to ourselves, all day in fact. But most of us keep quiet and do it in our heads. They don't. So, who's crazy? Maybe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment